Our favorite little astromech droid, R2-D2 never runs from trouble so it is only natural that R2 show up in a Star Wars edition of the classic Pop-O-Matic board game called “Trouble”.
A bold little R2-Series astromech droid, R2-D2 is big in personality and temperament and often enters into dangerous situations without a second thought in order to give aid to his masters. In this edition, however, he needs our help.
What makes this Star Wars R2D2 Trouble game unique is that the Pop-O-Matic popper when pressed, makes the familiar sounds R2 makes in the Star Wars movies.
How Star Wars Trouble is Played
The whole point of the Trouble board game, regardless of edition, is for each player to move their pieces all around the board by rolling, or in this instance, popping dice. Players are assigned four games pieces of the same color and the object of the game is to be the player that moves all of his four pieces around to the “Home” space before any other player.
Instead of rolling the dice with your hands, they are placed in a “Pop-O-Matic” popper, that with the push of a domed lid, rolls the dice for you. This keeps the dice on the game board and out of your plants, furniture, carpet and the dog’s mouth.
In this edition of Trouble, entitled by Hasbro “R2D2 is in Trouble”, the goal of the game is to help Anakin Skywalker and C3PO race around the board to save R2 from a force field. R2 is trapped in the popper with the dice. The first player to win gets all four of his playing pegs around the board to the FINISH area.
Included in Star Wars R2-D2 Trouble Game
Everything you need to start playing is included in the box. There is some minor assembly required and that consists of adding the Pop-O-Matic to the game board and placing the game pieces in their matching colored corners. Included is:
- 1 – Trouble R2-D2 Game Board
- 1 – Pop-O-Matic Dice Roller with R2-D2 Sounds
- 1 – Set of Instructions
- 1 – R2-D2 Droid Character
- 16 – Plastic Game Pieces – 4 each in 4 colors
R2-D2 Star Wars Trouble Game Facts
- This game is recommended by the manufacturer for ages 5 and older because it contains small pieces that may pose a choking hazard.
- It is recommended for 2 to 4 players.
- The images on the plastic games pieces are familiar characters from Star Wars Clone Wars.
- It is officially licensed Lucas Films Star Wars merchandise that has been made outside the US and is imported.
- Because the Pop-O-Matic popper makes R2-D2 sounds when pressed, it requires 3-AAA Alkaline batteries that are NOT included.
- This game is best played on a hard surface like a tabletop or a hardwood, vinyl or tile floor. This game is not well suited for playing on the couch, on top of a bed or on carpet because the base cannot support the deflection in softer materials.
- Pricing has been determined by the supplier and not our StarWarsBedroom.com review site.
For the price, this is inexpensive entertainment guaranteed to keep a young Star Wars fan engaged while providing a few benefits along the way, like taking turns, counting and enhanced memory through repetitive action.
Trouble Star Wars R2-D2 Is In Trouble Game by Hasbro
- New pop-o-matic R2-D2 Trouble! Engage kids in a new way with the Clone Wars animated R2-D2.
- The game play of Trouble with the Clone Wars R2-D2 character combine to create a unique Clone Wars Trouble experience.
- Includes real R2-D2 electronic sounds.
- Be the first to get your pawns home to win!
- Pop-o-matic automatically tumbles dice when pressed and released